Monday, March 29, 2010

Gutterball Manor Manda Style







This past weekend was racing out east of Austin, with two races put on by a great local team, Velossimo Racing. Ronde von Manor and Ronde von Manda. Round and round they go. These are two olde school races, with lots of rollers, false flats and WIND. In the attached pictures, you may be able to see the bamboo blowing over, in addition to the byke racers.



Alas, I wasn't able to join the Kemoto Dragon at Saturday's race because I had other work obligations. Unfortunately for Kemot, he flatted out of the break with 3 miles to go. But on Sunday, I did venture out to join the Polish wunderkid to see how whether my two weeks of being sick, snowboarding, and having a busy work schedule had affected me any.



It did. After 3.3 laps of suffering at the wheels of PJ Rabice, Evan Lambert, and finally Adam Gaubert, I pulled the plug to make my way back to the car. My reward for lasting that long was a milky strawberry milkshake from Sonic.



Next time we hope to have better luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment